Had to skip posting in August. I moved, and things got complicated. I’ve also been reading a bunch of electronic ARCS on Netgalley!
- Very Valentine, by Adriana Trigiani
- The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein
The Peacock Summer, by Hannah Richell (July 2, 2019)Deeply forgettable. Did not finish. Gravity is the Thing, by Jaclyn Moriarty (July2019) Couldn’t get into it. Did not finish.
- The Hotel Neversink, by Adam O’Fallon Price (Aug. 6, 2019)
The Perfect Wife, by JP Delaney (Aug. 6, 2019)Very creepy, full of mystery and misdirection.
- The Devil’s Slave, by Tracy Borman (September 3, 2019)
The Last Train to London, by Meg Waite Clayton (September 2019)I tried, I did, I’m just really off Holocaust stories right now.
- The Nanny, by Gilly MacMillan (September 2019)
- The Second Founding: How the Civil War and Reconstruction Remade the Constitution, by Eric Foner (September 2019)
Lies in White Dresses, by Sofia Grant (September 2019)Sweet, but seems to have felt the need to cram in ALL THE SCANDALS. Probably won’t remember it after a few weeks.
Country, by Michael Hughes (October 2019)An interesting read, superimposing the Iliad onto a story of Irish vs. English fighting in the mid-1990s.
- The In-Betweens: The Spiritualists, Mediums, and Legends of Camp Etna, by Mira Ptacin (October 2019)
- The House of Brides, by Jane Cockram (October 2019)
- If Only I Could Tell You, by Hannah Beckerman (October 2019)
A Bitter Feast, by Deborah Crombie (October 2019)I enjoyed this mystery, and intend to go back and read the rest of the series.
- The Dollmaker, by Nina Allan (October 15, 2019)
The Bright Unknown, by Elizabeth Byler Younts (October 22, 2019)A little predictable in some ways, but surprising in others. Distressing imagery of mental asylums in the mid-20th century.
- The Painted Castle: A Lost Castle Novel, by Kristy Cambron (October 15, 2019)
- Book of Colours, by Robyn Cadwallader (November 5, 2019)
- The Other Windsor Girl: A Novel of Love, Royalty, Whiskey, & Cigarettes, by Georgie Blalock (November 2019)
- The Golden Thread: How Fabric Changed History, by Kassia St. Clair (November 2019)
- Invented Lives, by Andrea Goldsmith (November 5, 2019)
- The Wicked Redhead, by Beatriz Williams (December 2019)
- The Sacrament, by Olaf Olafsson (December 2019)
- Oppo, by Tom Rossenstiel (December 2019)
- The Clergyman’s Wife: A Pride & Prejudice Novel, by Molly Greeley (December 2019)
- Lux, by Elizabeth Cook (February 2020)