Delicious Foods, by James HannahanTotally recommend. Gripping, moving, occasionally a little surreal, and does some mind-bending things with the narration.
Sleepless in Manhattan, by Sarah MorganA fun contemporary romance novel, the start of a set. May have to look up the others – Morgan created a compelling cast of characters.
Anything for You, by Kristin HigginsMerely okay – kept reading, and got a few laughs, but mostly a rather predictable romance novel with predictable character types. Middle of a series.
Paradise Lodge, by Nina Stibbe (releases 7/12/16)Persistently quirky, but amusing. Imagine the main character from Louise Rennison’s books having an actual brain, a conscience, and living on shaky financial ground in 1970s Leicester.
I’m Still Here (Je Suis La), by Clelie Avit & translated by Lucy Foster (releases 8/23/16)LOVED THIS. Finished it in under two hours – couldn’t step away from it for long, and I was so engrossed while reading it on the train home that I almost missed my stop. Simple story, but breathtaking.
- The Thousandth Floor, by Katharine McGee (releases 8/30/16)
Secrets of Nanreath Hall, by Alix Rickloff (releases 8/2/16)Enjoyed this tremendously. Has “feature film” written all over it, and I mean that in the best possible way. I’d love to see this interpreted onscreen.
- The Secrets She Kept, by Brenda Novak (releases 8/2016)
- Commonwealth, by Ann Patchett (releases 9/2016)
- The Life She Wants, by Robyn Carr (releases 9/27/16)
- The Bookshop on the Corner, by Jenny O’Colgan (releases 9/2016)
- Monticello, by Sally Cabot Gunning (releases 9/2016)
- The Queen of Blood, by Sarah Beth Durst (releases 9/2016)
- Just Fine With Caroline, by Annie England Noblin (releases 10/2016)
- Winter Storms, by Elin Hilderbrand (releases 10/4/16)
- IQ, by Joe Ide (releases 10/18/16)
- The Rift: Uprising, by Amy S. Foster (releases 10/2016)
- Long Way Gone, by Charles Martin (releases 10/4/16)
- Goldenhand, by Garth Nix (releases 10/11/16)
- Mister Monkey, by Francine Prose (releases 10/2016)
- The Comet Seekers, by Helen Sedgwick (releases 10/2016)
Orphans of the Carnival, by Carol Birch (11/2016)Another one I couldn’t put down. Based on a real woman’s life, and one of the best-written ARCs I’ve had yet.
- A Portrait of Emily Price, by Katherine Reay (releases 11/1/16)
Butter: a Rich History, by Elena Khosrova (releases 11/15/16)Given as a gift to my brother.
- The Second Mrs. Hockaday, by Susan Rivers (releases 1/10/17)
- Little Deaths, by Emma Flint (releases 1/17/17)
- The Young Widower’s Handbook, by Tom McAllister (releases 2/7/17)
- The Orphan’s Tale, by Pam Jenoff (releases 2/28/17)
- The Daughters, by Adrienne Celt (left over from previous haul, released August 2015)
- Words Without Music, by Philip Glass (left over from previous haul, released April 2015)
- She Came from Beyond!, by Nadine Darling (left over from previous haul, released October 2015)